Last updated September 16, 2018
The information we collect
We collect personal information from you, which identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. The information may include:
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Any credit and debit cards detail when you make a purchase from our web shop
- Preferences when you make a purchase from our web shop or third parties
The above information is collected when you:
- Visit our website
- Place an order on our web shop
- Subscribe to our newsletters
- Order our products through third parties
- When you return goods purchased in store or request refund via our website or third parties
- Connect with us, whether by phone or email
- Comment or upload images through our social media channels
Why we collect your information
We require to collect personal information to provide products and/or services requested by you. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide the requested products or services.
- For technical purposes, such as keeping track of your current shopping session and enabling you to make payment for your products
- To remember you when you return to our website, such as saving your basket or remembering what you last viewed or searched for
- To collect statistical and analytical data about how visitors use our website, which enables us to improve and measure the performance of our site
- To enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations to third parties, such as to pay a partner if you’ve made a purchase on our website by following a link from their website
How we use your information
We use your information:
- To enable us to handle your orders, provide you with the status of your orders, deliver products and process your payments and refunds
- To update and maintain our records about you, such as when and reason you contacted us
- For analytical and statistical purposes to improve our website and services
- To identify the operating systems and applications you use to access our website
- To prevent or detect fraud and abuse of our site and to allow third parties to carry out technical or other functions on our behalf
- If you provided us consent to notify you of our products or offers that may be of interest to you
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your information in the following ways:
- You may voluntarily disclose personal information, when you post content to our websites, such as our social media channels, blogs, and online product reviews. Any information you disclose through these platforms and services will become public.
- To our providers, who facilitate services they provide to us. These can include customer relationship management, sending communications to our customers, hosting our website, data analysis, processing payment, fulfilling orders, information technology and related infrastructure purposes, network security and management, and other services. We do not authorize these providers to use or disclosure your information.
- To third parties with whom we partner and collaborate with, where we share your information to offer our provide products and/or services to our customers.
- Other uses, where your personal information is disclosed as necessary and/or appropriate, when we have a legal obligation or legitimate interest to do so:
- To comply with applicable law and regulations, which may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To cooperate with public and government authorities and/or law enforcements, to respond to a request or provide information we believe is important. These can include authorities outside your country of residence.
- For other legal reasons, such as, enforcing our terms and conditions and protect our property, safety, rights, privacy, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others.
How long and where we store your information
To adhere with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we keep your information no longer than it is necessary. However, we may keep your information longer if we are required to, due to legal obligation on us, such as:
- Data relating to transactions that may be kept for up to 6 years after the completion of the transaction for financial purposes; accounting, auditing and taxation.
- If you withdraw your consent to us for marketing purposes, we may retain some of your information for up to 12 months after to deal with any arising disputes.
Your personal information is held on our NAS server in the Netherlands and Vietnam.
How to opt out from newsletters and marketing activities
If you subscribed to our newsletters or ask us to send you the link to subscribe, we may keep you informed via email about our products and offers. It is in your right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, or to change your mind at any time. You can opt out by:
- Unsubscribing from our newsletters by following the link on the newsletter (every newsletter we send you will include a link to allow you to opt out)
- Contact us via email or phone, requesting to opt out
We will, to our upmost abilities, process your request, however, it may take a few days for your request to opt-out or unsubscribe to be changed.
How to access or change your information
If you would like access to your information, update or delete your information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will process your request.
How we protect your information
We take your privacy seriously and we do to our utmost abilities to protect your personal information. We have in place physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
This site is operated by Good Works Initiatives B.V. registered in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Should you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at email@example.com
All services on this website are offered on an as-is basis. No warranty or promise, unless stated otherwise, is made for availability or effectiveness of the services offered by WOOcares.com through this website.
All trademarks and information are properties of their respective owners. The name WOOcares.com, logo of WOOcares.com and this website are copyrighted and property of New World Enterprise B.V and is affiliated to Good Works Initiative B.V. on the basis of a contract signed by both the parties.